R.E. in Community Schools
The London Diocesan Board for Schools is keen to help schools raise the standard of religious education in schools.
We can tailor a programme to suit your school’s needs and our adviser, Lesley Prior has national recognition as a trainer for teachers of RE in primary and secondary schools.
- lead INSET sessions and train staff
- provide curriculum advice
- observe, support and work alongside individual teachers in the classroom
- assist in preparing for (or responding to) OFSTED inspection
- arrange school visits to places of worship and other relevant locations for field work in RE
- recommend appropriate resources
- deliver presentations on RE to governors, parents and the wider school community
- advise on issues arising from the interface between religion and school life, for example in connection with diet and dress
Please contact: Lesley Prior, LDBS Adviser for RE and Collective Worship in community schools telephone: 0780 876 1148