...'Of course as always the crucial factor is the influence of mature, convinced Christian teachers and I salute the initiatives taken by this Board and the Staff of the LDBS to attract and develop such teachers.'...
Presidential Address by the Rt Revd and Rt Hon Dr Richard Chartres , the Bishop of London. 22-1-2004 .
This initiative started in September 2002 and and since it's inception many successful appointments have been made in many of our schools. The aim is to recruit high quality, newly qualified teachers who wish to work and develop their career in Church of England schools in the Diocese of London. The initiative has greatly raised the profile of the Diocese among teacher training institutions. We attend graduate recruitment fairs and operate a pool system of interviewed and recommended NQT's. We have worked closely with the Government of London office and local authority Recruitment Strategy Managers. In addition, as a result of this raised profile other appointments have been made and we are now receiving applications from senior managers.
- This service is an additional Service Level Agreement to the Core Services Agreement.
- Since 2004/5 enough schools subscribed to develop and enhance it.
- Two new key features were added for 2005/6: the induction top up sessions held here at Causton Street and help with discounted advertising through the TES for senior management positions.
- We launched the LDBS adverts website in 2008/09 for LDBS schools, to enable our schools to have a LDBS brand advert and for all schools to take advantage of the discounted advertising through the TES.
- We are now offering this service which is all inclusive as an additional Service Level Agreement to the Core Services.
The LDBS will provide the following range of services:
- Create an LDBS pool of newly qualified primary and secondary teachers to match suitable teachers with schools.
- Give schools access to the primary and secondary database of pool of Newly Qualified Teachers.
- Make available to schools application forms, interview notes and interview panel recommendations of candidates requested by the school.
- Liaise with candidates on behalf of the school.
- Provide LDBS NQT induction support at no cost.
- Inform schools of teachers (other than NQT's) who wish to work in LDBS schools.
- Assist with other recruitment needs including short and longer term vacancies via the LDBS preferred suppliers.
- Assist schools with discounted advertising in TES or via the LDBS adverts website for all posts and especially senior management posts.
- Provide free advertising on the LDBS website for all vacancies.
- Advise schools on QTS status for overseas trained teachers.
- Advise schools on sponsorship for non EEU teachers.